Can you make homemade Fruity Pebbles? Come with my on this frustrating Fruity pebbles puffed rice journey to find out!
Today is sponsored by Kitchen SinkShroom https://bit.ly/2TnqyeP
Click the link above to get yours!
Music by Joakim Karud http://youtube.com/joakimkarud
https://www.Saucestache.com – to print recipes and merchandise!!!
https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache – to help support the channel
Homemade Fruity Pebbles recipe
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 1 bowl of cereal||Total:|
I saw a question and I knew I could answer it! Can you make Fruity pebbles at home!
- 5 separate portions of rice for this recipeI used 1/2 cup Long grain white rice for each color.
- Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red Food coloring
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup cherry juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lime extract
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cook rice as directed on package - add food coloring to each separate color
- let rice stand for 2 hours
- Flatten rice using preferred technique
- Dehydrate Rice for at least 2 hours at 130º
- Heat frying oil to 450º (No hotter - BE VERY CAREFUL)
- Using a mesh strainer or frying basket drop dried rice small hand full at a time into hot oil
- let fry for no longer than 5 seconds (Remove as soon as rice puffs)
- Let rice stand while preparing flavor
- Mix together Cherry, orange, and lime extract and place in dehydrator for at least 2 hours at 160º
- (or place in oven at 170º for 4 hours)
- Once liquid has reduced by 4 times heat water and sugar in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until sugar is resolved
- add flavor reduction to sugar mixture and heat until bubbling
- Add puffed rice to a stand mixer on medium speed using a paddle attachment to agitate rice
- slowly drizzle flavor mixture into running stand mixer until you can see all rice is lightly coated
- spread out coated rice into a dehydrated and run for 2 hours at 130º until puffed rice is crispy and dry