The Lobster Mushroom is a fungus that attacks other mushrooms! It looks, smells, and tastes JUST LIKE LOBSTER!!! I wanted to put that to the test and make a plant based lobster roll! We will keep this 100% plant based with vegan buns, vegan mayo and only veggies!
Let me know if you want me to continue this Mushroom series in the comments below!
I bought my lobster mushrooms here https://www.vivagourmet.com not an ad! I paid full price for these!
https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache – JOIN the SauceSquad
https://www.Saucestache.com – to print recipes and merchandise!!!
Music by Joakim Karud http://youtube.com/joakimkarud
Lobster Mushroom Roll
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 4 rolls||Total:|
This is a lobster roll but instead of lobsters it uses the lobster mushroom
- Plant based buns
- Lobster Mushroom
- Plant Based Mayo
- Plant Based Butter
- Green Onion
- Fresh Tarragon
- Clean the lobster mushrooms with a medium stiff brush to remove dirt
- Heat skillet to medium heat
- melt butter in pan
- chop garlic and add to pan, cook until slightly translucent
- add lobster mushrooms, cook until soft adding butter as needed to keep coated
- using a cheese cloth strain lobster mushroom to remove excess butter
- Chill mushrooms in fridge to cool down a bit
- once cooled mix with mayo and the rest of the veggies
- all veggie amounts are to your desired taste and texture
- chill together for 2-3 hours
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast each side of bun and split down the top
- add some lettuce and top with cooled lobster mushroom salad