I keep getting requested to try a vegan fish recipe! After doing some research I found that banana blossom is often used because of its texture that closely resembles fish! WOW it really does! This is my take at using banana blossom to make fish!
https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache – JOIN the SauceSquad
https://www.Saucestache.com – to print recipes and merchandise!!!
Music by Joakim Karud http://youtube.com/joakimkarud
Perfectly Flakey Banana Blossom "Fish"
Vegan Fish made from Banana blossoms!
- 2 cans banana blossoms in brine drained and rinsed
- 1 package dried seaweed snacks or seaweed of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- VERY Cold Soda Water - or any carbonated water
- 1 lemon
- oil for frying
- Mix dry batter in a medium bowl 1/2 cup flour salt and crushed seaweed together
- in a separate bowl for wet batter mix 1 cup flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt
- Add Juice of lemon to wet batter bowl
- slowly add soda water to wet batter until you have a wet pancake batter constancy
- add a few pinches of turmeric for color
- heat oil to 350 degrees
- roll banana blossoms in dry batter
- then dip in wet batter and quickly transfer to hot oil
- fry for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown