I saw Foodbeast eating Nashville Hot Frog Legs from Bosscat Kitchen and Libations and I knew I had to make a DIY Nashville Hot Fried Frog Legs recipe for you all. Frog legs are a juicy perfect marriage between seafood and chicken. These Nashville hot frog legs are tender, spicy, sweet, savory… well perfect. So here it is the spicy grenouille recipe you haven’t asked for…
https://www.Saucestache.com – to print recipes and merchandise!!!
https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache – to help support the channel
Nashville Hot Frog Legs
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: about 8 legs!||Total:|
The Nashville Hot Fried food you know, but this time with frog legs!
- 1 pound frog eggs
- 1/2 Tbls Black Pepper
- 1 Tbls Kosher Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Tbls Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbls Pickle brine
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbls Veg Oil + more for frying
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 Tbls Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbls Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Whisk cayenne, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, and paprika in a medium saucepan on medium heat; carefully whisk in 1/2 cup melted butter and oil
- set oil mixture aside
- Toss frog legs with black pepper and 1 Tbsp. salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk, and hot sauce and pickle juice in a large bowl. Whisk flour and remaining 1 tsp. salt in another large bowl.
- Pour oil into an iron skillet
- Heat over medium-high heat until thermometer registers 350°.
- Pat frog legs dry & dip in flour mixture, shaking off excess, then dip in buttermilk mixture, dip in flour mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Fry legs turning occasionally until skin is golden brown- about 6-8 minutes
- Transfer to a wire rack set inside a baking sheet.
- Brush fried frog legs with spicy oil.
- Serve atop bread and pickles.
Enjoy!!! ITS sooooo good!!