This video has been sponsored and approved by Skillshare https://skl.sh/saucestache Click the link for a 2 month free trial!!
All the veggie bacon videos I’ve made have led to this, The king of plant based bacon, Daikon Bacon!!
https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache – JOIN the SauceSquad
https://www.Saucestache.com – to print recipes and merchandise!!!
Music by Joakim Karud http://youtube.com/joakimkarud
Daikon Radish Bacon
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 24 pieces||Total:|
Veggie bacon made from a Diakon Radish
- 1 large Daikon radish
- Kosher Salt
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbls Light Oil*
- 2 Tbls Nutritional Yeast*
- 1 Tsp MSG*
- 1 Tbls Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tbls Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Paprika
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Garlic Powder
- * Not necessary but can be added to enhance flavor!
- Clean Radish and using a peeler remove outside layer
- Using a peeler press hard against the radish and slice away from you to create wide strips
- Lay radish strips flat on a paper towel and salt, you can layer up as many as you like but make sure they are fully salted
- Keep salted for at least 15 minutes to remove moisture
- mix all sauce and seasoning ingredients together whisking well
- clean radish strips with paper towel to remove salt
- dip strips into seasoning and allow to soak up sauce for at least 15 minutes
- heat a cast iron or non stick pan to a medium high heat coated with a lightly flavored oil
- make sure pan stays oiled very well and fry each radish strip
- turn over after a minute and continue flipping until redish brown, bacon colored
- remove and allow to dry on clean paper towel
- they will crisp up as they sit