Today we are going to learn how to make Aligot!! This pommes aligot recipe is by far the cheesiest cheese pull you’ve ever seen! Potatoes Aligot or pommes aligot is a potato and cheese recipe like no other cheese mashed potatoes. I hope you enjoy this rich, stretchy and smooth pommes aligot recipe thats been seen on Buzzed, Tasty, Delish, and Insider! ITS SO GOOD and easy!
https://www.amazon.com/shop/saucestache (Affiliate link – I make money if you buy anything from here)
https://www.Saucestache.com – to print recipes
https://www.facebook.com/saucestache/ – Facebook me
https://www.instagram.com/thesaucesta… – Instagram anyone?
https://twitter.com/saucestache – Lets tweet each other!!
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 4 hungry people||Total:|
Aligot is a very cheesy and smooth french mashed potato. It takes a lot of arm strength to make these and its a texture that can only be found using this technique!
- 2 pound Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 pound Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 pound Fresh Mozzarella
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 oz Unsalted Butter
- Garlic to taste
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Peel and cube potatoes
- Place in cold water, salty and bring to boil then let simmer for 15 minutes until fork tender
- Grate all cheese fine into large bowl
- Strain and cool potatoes
- Using a potato ricer or mesh strainer rice potatoes into large pot on very low heat
- add cream and butter (and garlic if adding) and start mixing with large wooden spoon
- You should stir the potato mixture until the texture holds shape almost like a dough ball and becomes very smooth. This can take up too 15 minutes
- Start adding your cheese mixture a little at a time while continually stirring with large spoon
- Once all the cheese is added and melted through you need to continue stiring until it is a very smooth and velvet like texture
- Salt and pepper to taste
This is so good!