Disney World just released a Beignet Burger!! IT is a burger on beignet buns and it is AMAZING! I know everyone can’t take the trip down to Disney World so lets make some Beignets and top em on some Burgers ourself!!
The Beignet Burger is topped with
Lettuce, Pickle, Bacon Jam, Pickled Onion, and american cheese.
Check out Chef Johns Bacon Jam – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJgiUq5fQq4
Music by Joakim Karud http://youtube.com/joakimkarud
https://www.Saucestache.com – to print recipes and merchandise!!!
https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache – to help support the channel
Beignet Burger Recipe
This is the Disney World Inspired Burger with Beignet Buns!!
- For Beignets
- 3/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon and a pinch active dry yeast
- 1 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tlb short shortening
- Nonstick spray
- Oil, for deep-frying
- Confectonary sugar
- For Pickled Onion
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- For the rest of the burger
- American Cheese
- Add Water, sugar and Active dry yeast to mixing bowl and let stand for 10 minutes
- Then add eggs, milk, half of the flour, and top with salt and mix until combined
- add shortening and half of the remaining flour and kneed for 1-2 minutes
- add remaining flour and kneed for 5 minutes on medium speed until smooth dough forms
- Oil bowl and dough ball and let rest for minimum 2 hours until dough has risen
- roll out dough to 1/4" thick and cut out 3 1/2 circles for buns
- heat oil in large cast iron skillet or fryer to 350º and fry while constantly flipping until golden color
- place on drying rack and cover with confectionary sugar while still warm
- Pickled Onions
- Slice red onion into thin long slices
- place in large mason jar or container
- In a separate bowl combine Sugar, salt, vinegar and water and mix until sugar/salt is dissolved
- Pour brine solution over onions until completely covered and allow to rest for at least 1 hour. Onions will be better after 1 day
- Assemble the burger and enjoy!!
Its soooo good!