Today I am making Mochi Donuts! This mochi donut recipe is a simple to make gooey sticky sweet perfect mochi pon de ring donut!
Today’s video is sponsored by the photo editing app PicsArt! Click here to download the app and get their Movember beard and mustache stickers: https://picsart.app.link/aFLhz3xLER
I hope you all enjoy my Mochi donuts and let me know if I pronounced pon de ring right??? I’ve been wanting to make them for a long time!
http://ladyandpups.com/2014/06/13/moc… This is the recipe I used as a base.
Music by Joakim Karud http://youtube.com/joakimkarud
We have made sauce recipes, cooking tutorials and after an amazing shoutout video by Daym Drops, shot 25 recipe videos in 30 days!!
Now the goal of SauceStache is to continue trying something new, something new to me and something different.
I find inspirations from you the SauceSquad and my constant hunt of social media to see what food is being made around the globe and how can I try to make it. Lets try to make some food and have fun!!
Mochi Donuts - Make THIS Mochi Donut Recipe!
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 5 individual donuts or 25 donut holes||Total:|
Sweet Sticky Chewy Donut thats made out of mochi and its AMAZING!
- For the starter dough:
- 1/4 cup glutinous rice flour
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- For the donut:
- 1 3/4 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- For the sugar glaze:
- 2 Cups of Powdered sugar
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Match powder or your own flavoring like an extract
- Mix the starter dough ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high 800w for 30 seconds then test and stir for 10 second increments until combined and stretchy. It'll all be one color
- Let cool for 5 minutes
- Mix the donut batter in a large bowl until well combined
- after starter dough is cooled at starter dough to donut batter and kneed together well
- kneed for 5 minutes until dough is smooth
- heat a large skillet on medium heat with 1 1/2 inches of oil until oil is 330º F
- Roll dough into small donut hole sized balls and stick together to form ring
- place on individual sheets of parchment paper and fry 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown
- For glaze mix sugar and milk and flavor together
- after donuts have cooled dip one side of donut in glaze and enjoy
Amazing.. you can shape this like regular donuts using a 3" ring mold or roll into balls and fry