I kept seeing everyone making the Pizza Pot Pie… but they were all small versions. Can you make an extra large pizza bowl? I don’t know.. So I grabbed an Extra large oven safe bowl to try my attempt at an extra large Pizza Pot pie recipe!
Music by Joakim Karud http://youtube.com/joakimkarud
https://www.Saucestache.com – to print recipes and merchandise!!!
https://www.Patreon.com/saucestache – to help support the channel
Pizza Pot Pie and Simple Pizza Dough
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 4 hungry people||Total:|
Pizza built upside in a large bowl
- 1 1/2 Cup Warm Water (divided)
- 1 packet Active Dry Yeast
- 2 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 4 Cups Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Sauce
- 16 oz sliced cheese (I used mozzarella & provolone)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Pizza filling choice
- To make the dough
- Mix 1 Packet Active Dry Yeast into 1 cup warm (around 105º no warmer than 110º) let sit for 5 minutes until bloomed
- Combine everything into stand mixer and kneed for 5 minutes
- remove dough from mixing bowl and form into ball.
- Coat bowl and dough ball with oil and place dough into bowl then cover and let stand for at least 1 hour or until doubled in size
- Once dough has risen remove from bowl. You'll only need half for a large bowl or you can use this dough to make 2 16" thin crusts or 2 12" pan
- Coat bowl with melted butter
- Line entire bowl with cheese, make sure it is complete covered
- Fill with pizza fillings
- cover with sauce
- cover bowl with dough
- make small vent hole in dough
- then place in 400º preheated oven
- bake for 30-40 minutes
- Once baked allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then flip and carefully remove bowl
Enjoy but be carful when baking glass bowl!!!